Minutes 24/10/12

DIDDLEBURY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman: Cllr D Hedgley

Jacqueline Watts, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Holly Cottage, Culmington, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 2DF (01584) 861 473
diddleburypc@gmail.com
http://www.corvedale.com

Parish Council Meeting
On Wednesday 24th October, 2012, 7.30 pm at Diddlebury Village Hall

MINUTES

Prior to the start of the meeting, members of the public were invited to discuss any matters of interest with their councillors.

The Meeting commenced at 7.35 pm

Present: Cllr Hedgley (Chairman), Cllr O’Boyle, Cllr Worthington, Cllr Thomas, Cllr
Linton, Cllr Bellamy

In Attendance: 5 members of the public and the Clerk

1.0 Apologies for Absence: Apologies were accepted from Cllr Fowler, Cllr Motley
(Shropshire Council), Cllr Longmore, Cllr Povall.

2.0 Declarations of Interest relating to this meeting
Members are requested to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests they may have in matters to be considered at this meeting in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 s32 and The Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012: – None

3.0 Public involvement session: (Agenda Items Only) – Those members of the public
in attendance were asked if they wished to comment on any Agenda item – No comments were made.

4.0 Minutes: RESOLVED (unanimous) that the Minutes of the Ordinary meeting of
Diddlebury Parish Council held on Wednesday 26th September 2012 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed: Cllr Linton
Seconded: Cllr Thomas

5.0 Matters Arising – Updates from the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 26th September 2012 that are not included elsewhere on the agenda.

5.1 (Agenda Item 5.1) Web Development – Initial meeting has taken place and Sara Thompson has made a start on content. Email addresses may be available for each Councillor to a Shropshire email address.
5.2 (Agenda Item 5.4) Highways had informed the Clerk that drainage issues had been identified on the bridge on the B4368, where works were currently being undertaken to widen the footpath. Negotiations were taking place with the adjacent land owner regarding drainage outfalls, and further drains were going to be put into the road. It was unlikely that these works would be carried out whilst the traffic lights were still in situ, but that the lights would be taken down and put up at a later date for works to take place.

46
5.3 (Agenda Item 6.1) Shropshire Housing Group meeting was rearranged for another date, but Chairman was unable to attend.
5.4 (Agenda Item 7.3) Chairmanship training was cancelled, and to be rearranged.
(Agenda Item 12.0) Charity Commission – Clerk had explored Charity Commission website and relayed to the meeting that nowhere does the Charity Commission website make any reference to the Chairman changing each meeting, nor that it should be the same person acting as Chairman at each meeting, only that a meeting should act as written in its Standing Orders. The role of a Custodian Trustee has no power over the day to day running of a charity. The Clerk spoke on the matter with Lisa Bedford, Shropshire Council, who confirmed the same.

6.0 Reports from Members

6.1 Chairman’s Report – The Chairman reported that it had been a quiet month. Election notices for Police Commissioner were displayed. Chairman training course had been cancelled. Website meeting was attended and work is commencing on development. Rural Services, DEFRA secretary has vowed to look into poor mobile phone service in rural areas. Rural Crime manifesto unveiled identifying rural crime, addressing fly tipping and thefts. The Chairman thanked the Council for condolence card after loss of his mother.

6.2 Other members Reports – Cllr Linton – reported on the Flood Forum meeting he had attended that day. Cllr Linton had on a previous occasion sent an email to Dave Edwards regarding flood issues in Diddlebury Parish. Although water is passable at Patch House, vehicles are not passing through as they don’t know how deep the water is. Clerk to follow up with Chris Jackson regarding this and flooding at Peaton Strand. Cllr Linton will produce a public notice to go in the Corvedale News covering information made available from Flood Forum meeting.

Cllr O’Boyle reported that he had attended a meeting regarding the planning of Diddlebury Village Hall renewal. There have been two events since, and both were well attended. The Harvest Supper was a success on the 6/10/12 with profits in the same region as last year due to the hard work from the volunteers in the planning, preparation and on the night. Plans are afoot to develop a Diddlebury Village Hall website. If this materialises, Diddlebury Village Hall would like link to Diddlebury Parish website. The Chairman said that the point of Shropnet was that it would be a website for the Parish, covering the Church, Village Hall, School, Parish Council etc. Sara Thompson would liaise with Tony Bennett. Plans are going ahead to hold a Folk evening in the Spring.

7.0 Correspondence
7.1 Shropshire Council – Complaints relating to ‘Otterfest’ – Letter from Bronwyn Hutchings (Noise Pollution Team) was relayed to the meeting. The Public Protection service is currently looking into an out-of-hours team. Future events needing a Temporary Event Notice where 2 nights or more of live music are involved, will be very carefully scrutinised.
7.2 Shropshire Council – Flood Awareness Campaign – Month long flood awareness campaign. Posters displayed on notice boards. Correspondence passed to Cllr Linton.
7.3 Shropshire Council – Review of Shropshire councils Speed Management
Policy – For information

8.0 Cheques Requested
Members were asked to authorise the signing of invoices for payment
8.1 Diddlebury Village Hall – Rent (April, May, July and Oct 2012) £52.00
8.2 Mazars Audit – External audit work y/e 31/3/12 £60.00
Proposed: Cllr Thomas
Seconded: Cllr Worthington

9.0 Planning Applications
9.1 12/04329/FUL – Shepherds Barn, Corfton – Erection of Oak Framed Agricultural Building
RESOLVED to support the application (4 in support, 1 against, 1 abstention)
Proposed: Cllr Linton
Seconded: Cllr Bellamy
NB: (On the map contained within the application the boundary dividing the domestic curtilage from the agricultural curtilage has been omitted and should be clearly marked. The application is supported on the basis that the boundary between domestic and agricultural ground is clearly defined.)

9.2 12/03881/FUL – Hillend Farm, Westhope – Erection of agricultural workers dwelling
RESOLVED to support the application (1 abstention)
Proposed: Cllr Linton
Seconded: Cllr Hedgley

10.0 Finance
10.1 Current Account Balance £4770.51 as of statement date 14/10/2012
10.2 Completion of audit for y/e 31/3/12 – External Auditors Report – Report read out to meeting giving requirements of Asset Register.
10.3 Notice of conclusion of the audit and right to inspect the Annual Return – Notice will be displayed on Diddlebury Village Hall notice board.

11.0 Parish Plan: An update on the progress made by the PPSG and a review on any
decisions regarding responses the PC may need to make, in regards to the final submission of the Parish Plan.

Cllr Bellamy reported that data had been received back from the Rural Community Council. Cllr Bellamy requested clarification that the data for the section on housing was to be lifted and provided to DPC to discuss. Chairman said PPSG should guide DPC on what data is saying and to make proposals to DPC for Parish Plan. Next PPSG meeting on housing section will be 15/11/12. PPSG will be taking advice from Lisa Bedford on holding a public meeting. It was decided that the council did not want to discuss housing as a separate issue from the rest of the plan, therefore, the Chairman would contact Shropshire Council to explore an extension for ‘Reviewing Your Place Plan’ feedback in January 2013, as DPC does not want to act on submitting a new Parish Plan until a fully proposed outline for the new plan in its entirely is received from the PPSG.

12.0 Access to St Peter Church, Diddlebury: Members are asked to discuss the safety
of the path adjacent to access to Diddlebury Church – The meeting discussed the current situation, and it was brought to the meetings attention that members of the public had recently fallen off the wall onto the road. Would an improvement in lighting help? Church light by bell-ringers door is obscured by holly bush. If the bush were cut to a lower height the visibility over the steps may be improved. It was suggested that it be put to the Church that lighting is required. Other measures were also discussed regarding stewarding and warnings of danger, before people leave events. Clerk to write to Church to meet with DPC and Chris Jackson on site to discuss options.

13.0 Any Other Business (for dissemination of information only)
13.1 Extra Ordinary meeting to be arranged for Wednesday 7th November at
7.30pm in Diddlebury Village Hall to consider pending Planning Application.
13.2 Agenda Item – Stream Group
13.3 Mill Lane, from B4368 to Corvedale School, is now included on secondary
gritting route.
13.4 Concerns were expressed over the unusual amount of mud on lanes and roads. Situation to be monitored.

14.0 Date of Next Meetings –

Wednesday 7th November 2012, at 7.30pm in Diddlebury Village Hall
Wednesday 28th November 2012, at 7.30pm in Diddlebury Village Hall

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.00pm

Advertisements