Minutes 23/5/2012

DIDDLEBURY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman: Cllr D Hedgley

Jacqueline Watts, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Holly Cottage, Culmington, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 2DF (01584) 861 473
diddleburypc@gmail.com
http://www.corvedale.com

Parish Council Meeting
On Wednesday 23rd May, 2012 at 8.00 pm, Diddlebury Village Hall

MINUTES

Prior to the start of the meeting, members of the public were invited to discuss any matters of interest with their councillors.

The Meeting commenced at 8.25pm

Present: Cllr Hedgley (Chairman), Cllr Thomas, Cllr O’Boyle, Cllr Povall, Cllr Linton,
Cllr Bellamy, Cllr Fowler, Cllr Worthington

In Attendance: Cllr Motley (Shropshire Council), 4 x members of the public and the Clerk.

1.0 Apologies for Absence: Apologies were accepted from Cllr Longmore

2.0 Declarations of Interest relating to this meeting
Members are requested to declare any personal and prejudicial interests they may have in matters to be considered at this meeting in accordance with the terms of the Local Authorities (Model Code of Conduct)(England) Order 2007 issued under Section 51 of the Local Government Act 2000.
a) Declarations of personal interest – None
b) Declarations of prejudicial interest – None

3.0 Public involvement session: (Agenda Items Only) – Those members of the public
present were asked if they wished to comment on any Agenda item – A member of the public commented that she was at the meeting in relation to a planning application and this item was towards the end of the meeting. The Chairman said that he would bring this item forward to allow her to leave if she wished.

4.0 Minutes: RESOLVED (unanimous) that the Minutes of the Parish Council meeting of
Diddlebury Parish Council held on 25th April 2012 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman, subject to an amendment on page 20 be changed from (5 against 2) to (5 object/2 support).
Proposed: Cllr Linton
Seconded: Cllr Bellamy

5.0 Matters Arising

5.1 (Agenda Item 5.1) A letter has been sent to Diddlebury Village Hall committee.
The meeting were informed that there is a notice in the church saying that if the carpark is needed for a Church event, they have to contact Diddlebury Village Hall Secretary.

5.2 (Agenda Item 5.3) The Clerk enquired with the contractors working at Corvedale
School, who advised that they will be making repairs to the road to the left of the railings to the side of Diddlebury Village Hall, that runs round to the rear of Corvedale School. If sufficient materials are available they will fill in pot-holes.
5.3 (Agenda Item 5.6) The BDUK meeting was held on the 12/5/12 – Only 10 people turned up, despite being promoted through Corvedale News, but meeting served its purpose in making the opportunity available for members of the public to ask questions.
5.4 (Agenda Item 6.2) The Chairman informed the meeting that there are no planning problems at The Granary, Delbury Hall. Hayley Deighton has been in correspondence with Cllr Hedgley and had updated the SamDev in readiness for submission on line. Amendments were relayed to the meeting. Draft copy is available for viewing.
5.5 (Agenda Item 6.3) Cllr Hedgley had been Liaising with the PPSG on how questions within the draft questionnaire are phased in relation to housing development within the Parish. The final data will provide DPC with the info it requires to make an informed decision on being a ‘Community Hub’ or Community Cluster’. The draft questionnaire does not make reference to a ‘community hub’ or ‘community cluster’. It was put to the meeting that the questionnaire should be accompanied with an explanation of a ‘community hub’ and ‘community cluster’ or an opening paragraph on the questionnaire explaining the difference so that parishioners understood that the council may have to decide upon which category the parish would need to be a part of. Cllr Bellamy informed the meeting that the PPSG had unanimously agreed that it was important, as is the Infrastructure Levy, and that Parishioners needed to understand these matters, but that explanation should perhaps go in Corvedale News and not accompany the questionnaire as it may put them off completing it. There is a need to provide as much information so that informed information can be obtained, without being leading. Cllr Bellamy will forward the draft questionnaire to the Clerk for distribution, for comment. Following this councillors can again discuss whether an explanation is needed and how it can be presented.
5.6 (Agenda Item 7.1) – Correspondence has been received from Shropshire Council regarding the widening of footbridge on the B4368. The work will be subject to acquiring a small area of land from the owner of Bache Mill House. The footpath between The Moors and Corvedale School has been walked, and it is felt that it is not feasible to utilise this as a main path to the school due to styles etc.
5.7 (Agenda Item 7.6) – The Diddlebury Broadplace review meeting was held on the 16th May, 2012 with Flavia Humphries, Shropshire Council – Broadplace appears to be on its way out. The existing broadplace is funded up until April 2013. Shropshire Council need to know by September 2012 if DPC will provide approx £400 pa to retain broadplace. Comments were made that whilst Shropshire Council are urging Parish Councils to go online to access planning applications, without broadplace online planning applications cannot be seen. DPC have on previous occasions accessed online applications that are under discussion at meetings. Item to be put on June Agenda.
5.8 (Agenda Item 8.1) Cllr Bellamy has provided the Clerk with a break down of income and expenditure.
5.9 (Agenda Item 11.1) Notice has gone in the Corvedale News about the website and a request for volunteers.

6.0 Reports from Members

6.1Cllr Motley, Shropshire Council – Cllr Motley informed the meeting that a complaint had been received from a resident close to The Sun Inn, relating to the level of noise from the ‘Ale in the Dale’ weekend. Cllr Motley recommended that if the ‘Ale in the Dale’ event was going to take place annually, that residents within the immediate vicinity be given good warning.

6.2 Chairman’s Report – Reported he had attended 25/4/12 Corvedale School’s new hall opening, 30/4/12 ALC meeting, 12/5/12 BDUK Broadband meeting, Ale in the Dale opening and did service behind the bar. He had been in correspondence with Hayley Deighton over the Place Plan and various people regarding the SAMDev and the PPSG.

6.3 Other members Reports –
Cllr O’Boyle, as representative of DVH and DPC, had accompanied Mr Tony Bennet, to speak with the resident who had complained about the level of noise at the ‘Ale in the Dale’ event – points were made that great efforts had been made to keep residents, within the immediate vicinity of the event, informed of the event. The organisers of the event had spoken with the residents partner prior to the event. A decision was made that the music for a future event would not be of the rock band variety, but more jazz band variety. Cllr Hedgley suggested that noise baffles could be used to screen the houses off.

Cllr Linton – Attended the May Flood Forum meeting and reported that water had collected across the carriageway down Mill Lane and outside Patch House during the recent heavy rainfall. Cllr Linton suggested that by putting kerb stones or a depth indicator on the carriageway outside of Patch House, would indicate the water depth. Water also across Peaton Strand.

7.0 Correspondence
7.1 Audit Commission – Notice of reappointment of Mazars LLP to
audit annual returns for Diddlebury Parish Council for five years commencing
2012/13, and a scale of fees for audits 2012/13 to 2016/17- – For information
7.2 Corvedale Brownies – Confirmation of receipt of donation
7.3 Ale in the Dale – Confirmation of receipt of donation
7.4 Shropshire Community Council – Tackling Fuel Poverty in Shropshire
conference invite – For information
7.5 Anson Crouch, Corvedale Jubilee organiser – Confirmation of receipt of
donation
7.6 Shropshire Council – Start of conversion programme to Part-Night lighting – For information.
7.7 Ale in the Dale – Letter from Tony Bennet advising over £3000 was raised in aid of Diddlebury Village Hall.
7.8 Shropshire Council – Draft Code of Conduct to be carried over to June meeting.
7.9 Bishops Castle Clun Valley Community First Responders – For information.

8.0 Cheques Requested
8.1 CPRE – Renewal of subscription 2012/13 – £29.00
Prop: Cllr Worthington
Seconded: Cllr O’Boyle
8.2 Shropshire Council – Parish Council By-Election fee 13/10/11 – £1065.37
Proposed: Cllr Povall
Seconded: Cllr Bellamy

8.3 MacKenzie & Pardoe £945 balance due for Notice boards – Cllr O’Boyle
requested a letter of thanks to accompany cheque.
Proposed: Cllr Linton
Seconded: Cllr Fowler

9.0 Planning Applications
9.1 12/01488/FUL – Shepherds Barn, Corfton, Craven Arms – Request for revised/additional comments due to further details and amended plans submitted at Planning Office. Additional information had been previously sent to Councillors for their perusal. Chairman advised the meeting that consultation has taken place between DPC and the planning office. The
Applicant was in attendance at the meeting and provided information on the use of the building.

Proposed: Cllr Hedgley
Seconded: Cllr Fowler
(RESOLVED unanimous to SUPPORT the application)

9.2 12/01492/LBC – New House Farm, Peaton – Installation of satellite dish to South elevation affecting a Grade II Listed Building
Proposed: Cllr Fowler
Seconded: Cllr Bellamy
(RESOLVED unanimous to SUPPORT the application)

9.3 12/01917/CPL – Lower Middlehope Barn, Middlehope – Certificate of Lawful Use for the proposed installation of 15 PV Solar Panels on south facing roofline of carriage barn – For information only.

10.0 Finance – NONE

11.0 Any Other Business (for dissemination of information only) – NONE

13.0 Date of Next Meeting –Wednesday 27th June, 2012 at 7.30pm in Westhope Village Hall.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.25pm.

Advertisements