Minutes 25/1/2012

DIDDLEBURY PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman: Cllr D Hedgley

Jacqueline Watts, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Holly Cottage, Culmington, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 2DF (01584) 861 473
diddleburypc@gmail.com
http://www.corvedale.com

Parish Council Meeting
On Wednesday 25th January, 2012 at Diddlebury Village Hall

MINUTES

Before commencement of the meeting a 30 minute presentation and question time was given by Mr G Barratt, Landscaping and Planning Officer, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership.

The Meeting commenced at 8.00pm

Present: Cllr Hedgley (Chair), Cllr Fowler (Vice Chair), Cllr Thomas, Cllr Bellamy, Cllr
O’Boyle, Cllr Longmore.

In Attendance: Cllr Motley (Shropshire Council), 6 members of the public

1.0 Apologies for Absence: Apologies were accepted from Cllr Povall (Unwell) Cllr Linton (Unwell) Cllr Worthington (Unwell).

2.0 Declarations of Interest relating to this meeting
Members are requested to declare any personal and prejudicial interests they may have in matters to be considered at this meeting in accordance with the terms of the Local Authorities (Model Code of Conduct)(England) Order 2007 issued under Section 51 of the Local Government Act 2000.
a) Declarations of personal interest – None
b) Declarations of prejudicial interest – None

3.0 Public involvement session: (Agenda Items Only) – Cllr O Boyle requested clarification between the public involvement session before the meeting and the Public Involvement Session within the meeting proper. The Clerk explained that at a Parish Council meeting, members of the public are only permitted to speak within a Public Involvement Session within the Agenda, unless invited by the Chairman. Therefore, members of the public were invited to raise and discuss matters of interest informally with their Councillors prior to the meeting opening proper, and that these discussions were not legally a part of the meeting, nor should they be recorded as such. The Clerk confirmed that should a member of the public express before the meeting their wish to discuss a specific topic of concern and it is not included on the present meeting Agenda, the Parish Council may include it on the Agenda for the following meeting to allow the topic to be made public and other members of the public the opportunity to attend the meeting and express their opinions also. The Public Involvement Session (Agenda Item 3.0) had been formally adopted as a Standard agenda item to allow members of the public to officially comment and ask to be taken into consideration their view on any item on the Agenda. These comments, as they are within the meeting proper, and recorded and form part of the legal document, the Minutes of the meeting. The Clerk explained that by allowing an ‘informal’ public session, where members can speak off the record to their Councillors, and a ‘Formal’ session, where members can have their comments legally recorded, the Parish Council was giving the public two opportunities to talk, whilst at the same time maintaining structure and order to the meeting. Cllr Boyle asked for it to be recorded officially that he had reservations about how the system worked.

4.0 Minutes: RESOLVED (unanimous) that the Minutes of the Parish Council meeting of
Diddlebury Parish Council held on 23rd November, 2011, and of the Extra-ordinary meeting held 7th December 2011, be approved as correct records and signed by the Chairman.

5.0 Matters Arising: Meeting Wednesday 23rd November 2011:

5.1 Notice Boards: Cllr Hedgley provided pictures and a quotation for the oak replacements of 3 notice boards, for £450 + VAT = £520 each, an approximate cost of £1600.00. The meeting agreed to make further enquiries, to include whether the notice boards within the quotation would come with a guarantee, what prices could be obtained from other joiners, other materials and what type of notice board other local Parish Councils had and who supplied them.

5.2 Interest bearing accounts: Leave until later in the year, when budget has been agreed and notice boards have been agreed.

5.3 Cardboard Green Waste: The Sun Inn is agreeable to have a skip in the carpark, but is unsure where cardboard goes thereafter. Chair to contact Veolia and make enquiries.

5.4 Place Plan: Cllr Motley has been assured that the Place Plan will be updated.

5.5 Corvedale.com: The Clerk reported to the meeting that comment boxes within the Corvedale.com website appeared within the Minute documents, and that dated public general comments had been found within the back office facility of the site. The Clerk had facilitated the removal of the comment boxes to avoid this reoccurring. Should members of the public have any concerns/questions, the Parish Council email address and contact information was promoted sufficiently within the site and Corvedale News that any enquiries could be sent directly to the Parish Council.

5.6 Planning Updates: The Clerk reported to the meeting:
11/04649/FUL: Middle Westhope Farm – Permission Granted
11/04776/REM: Hillend Farm, Westhope – Permission Granted
11/05014/TCA – Felling of Alder Tree, Diddlebrook Barn – Pending consideration
11/04948/FUL – Corfton Farm, Corfton – Permission Granted
11/04761 – Shepherds Barn, Corfton – Permission Declined

Matter Arising: Meeting Wednesday 7th December 2011:

5.7 Planning Updates:
11/04889/FUL – Milford House, Diddlebury – Permission Granted
11/05522/HRM – Pyebrook Farm Little Sutton, Stanton Lacy – Part Approved/Part Declined

6.0 Reports from Members

6.1 Cllr Motley, Shropshire Council – Cllr Motley reported that with the planning application for the removal of hedgerows at Pyebrook Farm, Shropshire Council and the Parish Councils powers to retain the hedgerows were limited, unless the age and species of the hedgerow were deemed important.

Shropshire Council is keen to push for electronic planning applications. Cllr Motley made representations on behalf of Parish Councils in her area. The requirement of Planning Applications to go electronic will be put upon the market towns as they have resources. If any Parish Council asks for applications electronically, they will be permitted to do so. For those having difficulty with IT connection, Ian Kilby is happy to continue sending hard copies. Notifications will continue being sent electronically.

Cllr Motley has been asked to take over schools again. Responsibility for school admissions is passing from Local Authority to schools themselves. School could lose pupils to other schools. A school will not be able to go over LA set admission figure. Special Needs children provision will continue to be managed by LA.

6.2 Chairman’s Report – The Chairman gave an update to the meeting on his activity over the past month since the 7th December 2011.

6.3 Other members Reports: Cllr O’Boyle attending a Power point meeting on the Future of Diddlebury Village Hall, a further Diddlebury Village Hall Committee meeting on 9th January 2012 and a workshop and communication meeting for Diddlebury Village Hall on 14th January 2012. All meetings were well attended with positive feedback. Cllr Bellamy relayed to the meeting that when discussing the future of Diddlebury Village Hall, the site location was discussed and the question asked if it should be located on its existing site, or on the proposed new field site. The meeting had favoured the existing site because of ownership, other than a 50 year lease with peppercorn rent.

Cllr Bellamy – PPSG meeting at Westhope Village Hall – discussed parish plan and planned meetings for coming month.

Cllr Linton – Although unable to attend the PC meeting, submitted a report with the Chairman on the Corvedale Jubilee celebrations meeting he attended in January at Coseley House, Munslow. The proposed Jubilee celebrations are to take place on the 5th June 2012 in Millichope Park, a showcase of all in Corvedale. Planning organisation is ongoing. Next planning meeting15/2/12 at 7.30pm in Coseley House Munslow. Munslow PC have given £150 towards costs.

7.0 Correspondence

7.1 Shropshire Council – Annual Town & Parish Emergency Planning Briefing –Wednesday 28th March 2012, 18.45pm at Shirehall, Shrewsbury – Passed to Cllr Fowler
7.2 Shropshire Council – Road closure notice – Lower Hayton to Peaton – 14th February 2012 for 1 day (09.00hrs to 16.00hrs) carriageway resurfacing – For information – Passed to Corvedale News.

7.3 Shropshire Council – Localism Act 2011 – Standards and the Member Code of Conduct – To come into effect as April 2012 – Clerk spoke to the Legal Department of Shropshire Council who relayed that Parish Councils will need to decide whether to amend or adopt a new Code of Conduct in line with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011. The revised Code of Conduct will need to be in place by July 2012.
7.4 Parish Councils.net – promoting web maintenance – For information
7.5 Ale in the Dale Beer Festival – a beer festival to raise funds in aid of Diddlebury Village Hall – seeking sponsorship to provide live entertainment – DPC to ask applicant to send in formal letter requesting a donation.  The meeting agreed in principal to a donation of £100.00.
7.6 Shropshire Council – Review of library services – Suggest Peaton and Sutton.
7.7 Corvedale Guidesdonation request – Put forward to AGM in May 2012.

8.0 Cheques Requested
8.1 Clerks Salary: November, December 2011 £160.00
(£1200 /12 = £100 x 20% PAYE = £80 net pcm, £20 PAYE pcm)
8.2 PAYE: November, December 2011 £40.00
8.3 PAYE: April to October 2011 £93.33
Proposed: Cllr Bellamy
Seconded: Cllr Fowler
(RESOLVED unanimous to pay items 8.1 to 8.3)

9.0 Planning Applications
9.1 Reference: 11/05503/FUL – Green Farm, Middlehope, Shropshire, SY7 9JT
Erection of extension and porch to dwelling. Prior to the meeting, the applicants Agent was notified by the Clerk that planning application 11/05503/FUL had been put on the Agenda for comment to the Planning Department.
RESOLVED unanimous to support the application.

10.0 Finance
10.1 Budget for Precept 2012/13 – Draft budgets had been circulated to Councillors prior to the meeting for their consideration/comment. Cllr Bellamy reported that the £750 from the 2011/12 budget had yet to be paid in the current financial year. This was taken into account and the draft budget adjusted.
Proposed: Cllr Fowler
Seconded: Cllr Bellamy
RESOLVED unanimous that the precept for 2012/13 be the figure of £2650.00

10.2 Current Account balance – As of 14/12/11 the balance was £6911.13.

10.3 Account Signatories – Currently the signatories for the current account are Councillors Povall, Thomas and Linton. The signatories require changing to the current Chairman and Vice Chairman and one other Councillor, to comply with Local Government regulations. Cllrs Povall and Linton will change to Cllr Hedgeley and Fowler.

11.0 Environment & Highways
A letter from the Bridges and Structures division of Shropshire Council was received in response to DPC letter and Corvedale School letter of support of December 2011. The letter reported that providing agreement can be sought from the adjacent landowner to Bache Mill Bridge, construction work could possibly commence in either April or May of 2012.

The Chairman of DPC reported having received correspondence from a resident suggesting that if the footpath which runs from The Moors across the field to the rear of the school, could be made pushchair/child friendly, this could be an alternative route to school.

DPC resolved to write back to Mr John Williams for his comment. Cllr Fowler to talk to Corvedale School about 20mph speed limit along Mill Lane.

12.0 Broadplace and Provision of Laptops – An update on progress to date – In principal there is no problem as far as SC in concerned with providing 2 laptops at The Sun Inn, only where will the connection come from and who will pay for it, accessibility etc.

There is a review of broadplace going on throughout the County. SC is doing a review. A meeting had been set for the 6th February 2012 with Flavia Humphries and members of Diddlebury Village Hall committee at The Sun Inn. Diddlebury will not be a part of the review being done by SC as a broadplace, as an enquiry is already in hand. Cllr O’Boyle to attend the meeting as the DPC representative to safeguard DPC over control access.

SC has put in a bid to BDUK for 8.2 million which has been agreed. 16.2 million is required to roll out broadband throughout Shropshire, the balance of 8 million is expected to be matched by a private provider. SC second trance will be signed off shortly, with roll outs at the start of 2013.
91 premises in Diddlebury Parish are eligible for BDUK provision. The outskirts such as Corfton and Westhope will qualify as they fall into the 10% deemed to be substandard in Shropshire.
DEFRA has the rural community broadband fund (RCBF) and is euro funded. They are offering fibre optics. If DPC want to apply, they are advised to do so through SC. The cost will be approx £300 per premises. This can be funded from business contributions, but not through the Council precept. The criteria is very stringent. Applications have to be submitted by 31/1/12, then followed by further bidding rounds. SC will put in an application with 2 parishes from the South, and 2 from the North of the County, to register their interest with RCBF. Due to complexities, Cllr Motley suggested that Alison Brock attend the next PC meeting to go through the details.
AirBand – started between Tenbury, Ludlow and Cleobury Mortimer. Keen to extend. This is a simpler option and only needs buy in from 12 properties in a village. Bouldon currently has a similar scheme. Bouldon now runs own Ltd company, paying £60 a quarter each to the proprietor of The Crown.
Cllr Motley to ask Alison Brock for a separate meeting at the back end of March 2012, to tie in with other Parishes also. Clerk to contact other Parishes once Cllr Motley has notified of possible/available dates. Diddlebury PC to host meeting.
May be sensible to have Alison Brock to attend meeting after SC has (carried out procurement and survey) submitted first application to RCBF.

13.0 Any Other Business (for dissemination of information only)
13.1 Cllr Longmore reported having met and spoken with PC Mick Jones West Mercia Police to talk about a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme. (NWS) Cllr Longmore is now local NWS Coordinator and will be displaying appropriate posters.

14.0 Date of Next Meeting – 22nd February 2012

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.50 pm.

Advertisements